|82728 packages online|
|No screenshot available||
This is a new version of my disk optimizer ReOrg. It requires
Kickstart 2.04 or higher and Workbench 2.04 or higher.
ReOrg can be used to optimize (defragment) volumes in any floppy disk-like
device, like trackdisk.device, ramdrive.device, hddisk.device and most
third-party harddisks. This usually results in faster directories and can
also result in faster file access, shorter boot times etc.
In addition to optimizing a disk, ReOrg can also convert the filesystem
of a disk during the optimization, e.g. from OFS to DC-FFS.
Compared to most other disk optimizers ReOrg is quite fast and has many
options to customize the optimization to your specific needs.
ReOrg is shareware (US$ 10).
Major new features since ReOrg 2.33:
- support for directory-caching (DCFS: DOS\4, DOS\5).
- support for blocksizes <> 512 bytes.
- implemented filesystem conversion during optimization.
- all windows and requesters are font-sensitive.
- added option "Keep Locks" that allows you to continue your
work after optimizing the boot partition without having to
reboot the system.
- improved directory optimization algorithm used under Kick2.0.
Side effect: icons appear faster on Workbench.
- localization (even when running under Workbench 2.04).
- online help function using AmigaGuide.
- numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
- Commodore `Installer' and ReOrg installation script
- ReOrg binary
- catalogs and AmigaGuide documentation in english, danish, german and
ReOrg 3.1 is the ONLY official release after ReOrg 2.33. It has been
reported to me that earlier beta versions of ReOrg (such as V2.39,
V2.9b, V3.0b etc.) have been uploaded to some ftp sites and bulletin
If you are in doubt about the version you have, look into the
"About ReOrg" requester. If the "Rev" number of your program is
between 107 and 205 your copy is NOT an official release version.
Do not use those earlier versions ! They are unofficial beta test
versions and some of them are quite buggy and may destroy your
harddisk. If you see ANY such version anywhere, please delete it or
tell the operator of the board to remove it. Thank you !
E-Mail: krusecs.ucf.edu Internet (finger etc.): kruselongwood.cs.ucf.edu
Contents of disk/optim/ReOrg3_1.lha
|Aminet © 1992-2019 Urban
the Aminet team.
Aminet contact address: <aminetaminet net>|